Repair is an investment into the house service duration. Therefore, if you want to leave the house to your grandchildren as an inheritance, facade repair is not desirable, but is mandatory. We will tell you about the repair advantages and façade paints work principles.
Why repair is necessary?
The purpose of any finishing work is to protect the surface. Any uncoated material collapses faster. What is the reason? Each surface on the street is exposed to three atmospheric aggressors:
- the sun – over-dries the surface, provides cracks appearing;
- rains – moisture gets into the interior of any surfaces and the slabs are growing moist;
- frost – freezes moisture residues inside the slabs. Frozen water increases in size; brakes slabs and creates micro-cracks.
All this takes place at a microscopic and initially imperceptible level. However, after 10 years, cracks appear on the house, slabs become more loose and vulnerable – the wall loses solidity.
How the facade paint can help?
- covers the microscopic pores of the material, excludes moister penetration;
- protects slabs from the sunlight effects and from freezing.
Correctly executed wall decoration significantly extends the service of the house.
Attention: repair of the house
It is not enough just to paint your old house. Only stage-by-stage works can provide effective result.
Old paint on the facade or partially fall out plaster – everything must be removed from the walls. The cleaner the surface, the stronger new applied materials hold.
Step 2. Fungus Removal
Fungus may appear on the facade near the drainpipe in most private houses. It is necessary to clean it up to a clean wall, and apply the bio-protective agent by TRIORA in places of the mold origin. It is important not only to eliminate the hearth, but also its cause. Perhaps you just need to repair the drainpipe.
The primer of the cleaned walls helps to secure the smallest bits of material and cover the microspores. This makes the slab smoother, reduces absorbency, and increases adhesion of the walls. It is better to choose primer according to walls condition. It is possible to use primer concentrate by TRIORA. In high concentration, it firmly adheres to the particles of loose walls, and diluted with water allows priming plastered walls. If you want to create additional protection against moisture, use the waterproofing primer by TRIORA.
The putty can help you to level all the defects with depth up to 4 mm, making the surface perfectly smooth, suitable for painting. Facade putty by TRIORA contains micro-marmot in the composition, which gives the coating a high strength. A huge plus of TRIORAs’ putties is that they do not interfere with the air exchange of the slabs. After the full drying of material, all the projections should be sanded with sandpaper. Then remove dust and re-primer the surface.
For the walls of a residential house, you need to buy acrylic paint with “facade” mark. Facade paints by TRIORA are designed for any atmospheric conditions. They are self-cleaning and do not burn out.
How to choose the paint? Take into account two nuances:
- How often do you plan to repair your house facade?
- How much money can you spend for this?
The finishing works on the facade are time-consuming, so sometimes it is better to thoroughly spend on repairs and enjoy it the next few years. The service life of the façade paint by TRIORA ranges from 7 to 15 years. All-weather facade paint by TRIORA on an alkyd basis is the “Longevity” among these materials. It has the highest degree of resistance to atmospheric phenomena and mechanical damage. The paint can be applied even at temperatures below freezing. It does not wear off, does not burn out, can be applied to fresh, recently applied cement coatings.
How to paint the house beautifully?
If you take up the painting of the facade, it is better to think about the aesthetic side. One of the most popular options is painting the house in two different colors. A darker shade is for the basement part, a lighter or a contrast for the upper one.
Often, windows and doors are shaded with another color; walls are decorated with a picture or with the help of the hombre technique. Mostly, the facade of the house painting and its design in many respects resonate with the design of the interior. The main thing is that the color favorably looks and harmonizes with the whole look of the yard.
What should be taking into account repairing the facade?
- Application conditions. Look at the recommended temperature. TRIORA paints could be applied at a temperature of up to + 35 ° C. Therefore, the heat is not a hindrance. The main thing is that the sun’s rays do not fall on the surface to be painted. Paint the facade only in the shady part.
- Complete drying of materials. Do not rush into the works, hoping that materials dry faster in the heat. The specified time of drying must be sustained, regardless of the temperature on the street.
- Materials combination. Do not use materials from different manufacturers. Each of them uses different components in production. They interact with each other qualitatively, and in combination with other materials, the coating can break up.
Yes, painting the house is not an easy job. However, the result it brings is worth it. With the proper performance of works, the renovation of the facade would be a long-term investment into the beauty and long service of the building.