In the 19th century, scientists conducted an experiment. One frog was thrown into a pot of boiling water; it jumped out and stayed alive. Another frog was being heated in a saucepan of cold water. It was adapted and only when the water boiled, tried to jump out. The force did not remain – and the amphibian died. Sometimes people, like those frogs, are exposed to stress for years, harming our own health. Stop! We understand how to not be cooked and how to jump out in time.
The essence of the frog syndrome is that the person accepts reality without objections, without even thinking that it does not suit. You can recognize the syndrome by answering simple questions:
- Do you feel rested and cheerful?
- Do you enjoy everything that you do?
- Do you have enough time for yourself and your hobbies?
- How often do you have to change plans, adjusting to others?
- Put your own interests first and fight for them. Apply this in all areas of life – at home, at work, in the company.
- Learn to refuse without remorse, unless it is your immediate obligation or imposed on you by someone.
- Do not take what creates complexity, complicates life, and does not bring you any benefits.
- Set a goal. Think about what you need in life, what would you like to achieve, where to go and what to do? Often, without clear goals and desires, a person is lost in among of other people’s needs. You have to always know what you want – and do everything to achieve it.
- Do not develop a habit of uncomfortable conditions. Analyze everything that causes inconvenience, and after finding the reason, eliminate it.
- Get rid of things, which bring you to stress and make you worry. For example, if you constantly quarrel with someone from home, find out the relationship, find out what the cause of the claims is, and insist on the reaching agreement.
Certainly, nothing in life goes, as we want. Always look at the prospect. Do you see the positive changes after the difficulties? So they are worth it. Are there some troubles ahead? Exit the game. In addition, it is also important that, in the different circumstances, you control yourself. Only in this case, the boiled frog syndrome does not threaten you.