It is a frequent wish of parents – to modify, update or embellish wooden children’s furniture. In this case, it is important to think not only about beauty and style, but also about the child’s safety. What kind of materials are allowed for using in children’s room updating and what can help you to transform the infant bed or so old but such lovely highchairs beautifully? Let’s find out answers.
What is the most important thing?
It is very important to consider the composition of the selected materials. Materials on a water basis are safe and recommended for using in children’s rooms.
- Do not have unpleasant odors;
- Safe, do not emit harmful chemicals;
- Dry quickly.
Arguments are quite powerful, so it is not even worth considering using anything else for children’s room.
Now let’s look at the range of possible products. It is better to use lacquers and enamels for work with wood, because with their help it is easy to carry out several interesting options of painting.
- Give some shine to the wooden surfaces. To do this, hide the infant bed with the help of transparent lacquer. It strengthen the surface slightly; make the furniture more elegant.
- Colored wood. If you want to add a shade, but at the same time do not want to hide the nature beauty of the widen surface under a dense coating, you can use acrylic LAZUR by TRIORA. It gives a beautiful color, but it does not hide the texture of the wood.
- Combine the color and transparent coating. The partition on the beds, shaded furniture frame look interesting in such design.
How to use?
- It is better to use special primers for strengthening the material and better adhesion in the work with wood. For example, wood protection primer by TRIORA protects the wood from external factors, improves the application of materials, and their adhesion.
- It is enough to cover a new, polished wood that does not have flaws just with lacquer or lazure.
- If the infant bed has already served the older child – there are chipped or scratched. It is better to correct large defects with the help of putty for wooden surfaces by TRIORA. In this case, the color lazure is more appropriate for the final coating. It hides all the latches better.
Acrylic enamel for windows and doors by TRIORA can help to give a color to the surfaces. Why is it worth to choose this material? Enamel is on a water basis; contains substances that prevent clumping of surfaces in the composition. It is very convenient when the furniture is transformed – the surface does not spoil from gluing the parts together. In addition, the enamel helps to restore furniture, previously painted with other materials, hides the worn out parts of the wood.
As for the color, the enamel for the wood could be toned in pastel shades. It is the best option for the children’s room. Bright colors can bother kids, but light ones add color to the room and emphasize the childish atmosphere at the same time.
How to work with enamel?
- It is enough to make surface clean and dry if you work with new wooden products;
- Previously painted products should be cleaned of old coatings, degreased and dried. If there are large scratches, correct it with the help of putty for wooden surfaces. The smoother the surface, the more beautiful the result.
- The enamel must be applied in two layers. The second layer must be applied only after the full drying of the first one.